True to its name, America’s Best Franchising honored “the best” hotels among the almost 300 properties within the company’s family of five hotel franchise brands. Awards were presented on Friday, June 3 as part of an owners and general managers meeting held in Atlanta, Georgia.
“These hoteliers demonstrate excellence every day in serving our guests and our industry,” said Doug Collins, Chairman and CEO of Atlanta-based America’s Best Franchising. “They have earned this special celebration of their performance and their professionalism.”
The company’s highest recognition, the President’s Award, was presented to Vicky and Bobby Patel, operators of the Vagabond Inn & Suites in three California locations – San Diego-Mission Valley, Santa Clara, and Sunnyvale.
Other winners were:
- Overall Excellence in Quality Assurance – Ambika Limited Partnership, owners, and Dave Catain, General Manager of the Vagabond Inn Executive in Pasadena, CA
- Franchisee of the Year for America’s Best Inns & Suites – Monchino Management, LLC in Lafayette, LA and Lake Charles, LA
- Franchisee of the Year for Country Hearth Inns & Suites – Harish Mistry of Karishma Riya, Inc. in Augusta, GA
- Franchisee of the Year for Budgetel Inns & Suites – Omni Hospitality Group, LLC in San Antonio, TX
- Franchisee of the Year for Vagabond Inns & Suites – Sri Sai Hospitality, Inc. in Bakersfield North and Bakersfield South, CA
- Member of the Year – Diplomat Companies for 3 Palms Oceanfront in Myrtle Beach, SC
- Outstanding Property of the Year for America’s Best Inns & Suites – Vimal Patel of Limadia, Inc., in Mt. Vernon, IL
- Outstanding Property of the Year for Country Hearth Inns & Suites – Bobby and Diane Onken in Edwardsville, IL
- Outstanding Property of the Year for Budgetel Inns & Suites – Diplomat Companies in Atlanta/Chamblee, GA
- Outstanding Property of the Year for 3 Palms – Coakley Williams Hotel Management Company for Palms Hotels & Villas in Kissimmee, FL
- Outstanding Property of the Year for Vagabond Inns & Suites – Vista Inns Management Company in Los Angeles & Figueroa, CA
- Master Licensee of the Year – Emmanual Obire, MIDC Limited in Lagos, Nigeria
- New Franchisee of the Year – Daljeet Mann of Baba Lodging, LLC for Country Hearth Inns & Suites in Bossier City, LA & Kansas City, MO
- Best Conversion or Renovation – Bipin Patel of Nimbip, Inc. for Country Hearth Inns & Suites in Cedartown, GA
- Community Service Award – Terry & Kim Terrell of Genesis 1, LLC for America’s Best Inns & Suites in Cartersville, GA
- Most Innovative Property of the Year – Pete Patel of Foley Hospitality, LLC for America’s Best Inns & Suites in Foley, AL
- Vendor of the Year – Mathon & Associates in Atlanta for marketing services
In addition, the company presented GOLD Quality Assurance Awards to 80 properties for consistently maintaining exceptional standards in their operations.