Atlanta-based America’s Best Franchising, Inc. continued 17 quarters of uninterrupted growth with the sale of 11 new hotel franchises and the opening of seven new properties during the first quarter of 2012.
The Company currently operates nearly 250 hotels primarily in the United States with more than 16,000 rooms under its four upper economy brands – America’s Best Inns & Suites, Budgetel Inns & Suites, Country Hearth Inns & Suites and Parkside Hotels & Resorts – plus its upscale 3 Palms Hotels & Resorts brand for independent hotels.
“The first quarter is traditionally a slower time of year for sales, yet we achieved a solid start to 2012 and have an impressive inventory of openings scheduled,” said Doug Collins, Chairman and CEO of America’s Best Franchising, Inc.
“We are confidently on course to achieve our goal of selling and opening 40 new hotels during the year.”
The seven new properties opened during the first quarter were:
America’s Best Inns & Suites
- Fairfield, Alabama near Birmingham – 83 rooms
- Clearwater, Florida – 82 rooms
- Antigo, Wisconsin near Wausau – 40 rooms
Country Hearth Inns & Suites
- Madison, Alabama near Huntsville – 153 rooms
- Greenville, South Carolina – 100 rooms
- Paducah, Kentucky between St. Louis and Nashville – 80 rooms
Budgetel Inns & Suites
- Wilmington, North Carolina – 200 rooms